This historic two storey double brick mansion was built in 1891 to house the London Chartered Bank. In 1893 it became the London Bank of Australia and later the English Scottish and Australian Banking Company. In 1942 the building was taken over by Goldsborough Mort. The 50 sq building consists of a manager’s office, strong room and large banking chamber with magnificent old cedar and lead lighting. The residence consists of the managers quarters with a large dining room complete with cedar table, sideboards and marble fireplaces.
Ascending the cedar staircase to the first storey where there are two bedrooms with cedar trim, a fully modernized bathroom complete with spa bath and a sitting room thatopens onto the balcony overlooking the main street of Hay. All doors of The Bank Bed and Breakfast Hay NSW are cedar with brass back plates and key hole covers. The remainder of the building has been beautifully maintained by the present owners.